An underground classic! Limited edition of 500. The original motion picture soundtrack for John Carpenter’s Dark Star (1974), with added bonuses that are sure to satisfy all cult sci-fi soundtrack completists of the galaxy (and beyond). This limited-edition release includes an LP and a 7″. The former is a remastered version of the original motion picture soundtrack consisting of incidental music, sound effects, John Carpenter’s synth experimentations, dialogue excerpts, and vintage interferences extracted directly from the film roll. The 7″ is red with a yellow label circled in black (in pure beach ball alien fashion) and contains “Ode to a Bell Jar” remade by loyal Carpenter collaborator Alan Howarth (Escape from New York, Christine, etc.), the fan favorite “Benson Arizona” remade by Dominik Hauser, the very sought-after “When Twilight Falls on NGC 891” by Martin Segundo and the Scintilla Strings (in the real world, James Clarke’s “Spring Bossa” (1968), as well as endless loops of sound effects from the movie to turn your house into your very own scout ship. Plus a very secret hidden bonus track! It all comes in slick Thermostellar Triggering packaging with brand-new artwork and invisible hyperdrive electronics – the best way to relive the Dark Star adventure and celebrate John Carpenter’s first directorial feature film, co-written by (and starring!) all-around legend Dan O’Bannon (Alien, Lifeforce, The Return of the Living Dead). Let there be light!
- Etichetta Stranded Records
- Fai clic per condividere su Facebook (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic qui per condividere su Twitter (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic qui per condividere su Google+ (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic qui per condividere su Pinterest (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic per condividere su WhatsApp (Si apre in una nuova finestra)